WOLFPACK MAD MAX BUILD September 09 2015
UTV WOLFPACK enters the post apocalyptic video game world of Mad Max to build a one of a kind machine based on the Rockstar Energy THIRSTCUTTER in-game vehicle. The inspiration for the THIRSTCUTTER was born from evaluating real-world vehicles that could blast through harsh desert environments, while also offering athletic abilities to power away from game enemies. WOLFPACK’S UTV racing experience and core knowledge of Polaris RZR's helped guide Rockstar and WB Games to create a new vehicle type that would enter the Mad Max game.
Working in collaboration with Engage In-Game Advertising and the affiliated partners of the project, WOLFPACK began translating the virtual characteristics of the THIRSTCUTTER, into physical elements, materials and fabrication tactics that would deliver the closest possible replication of the vehicle. Out of this process was born:
• MAD STYLING
A twisted beast of awesomeness ready to crush any trail or path in it’s way.
• WICKED TIPS
– Six fire blasting ready to throw down some thunder.
• SKIN TO WIN
– Weather tested alligator seats keeping it high and dry though any terrain.
• RIP’N RIMS
– Looks that kill with original Rockstar laser cut rims and integrated spikes.
Rockstar Energy will be giving away 2 custom off-road THIRSTCUTTER vehicles, with 2 ways to win:
• Starting 9/1 - ENTER TO WIN SWEEPS: Grab limited edition Mad Max themed Rockstar cans and collect unique entry codes under the tab
• Starting 9/8 - PLAY TO WIN CHALLENGE: Get a copy of the Mad Max game and race in the THIRSTCUTTER in-game competition for fastest time
More info at:
Seeing the evolution of an idea transform into a reality, paved the way to create a two part web series of the vehicle being built. Rockstar Energy takes a peep behind the scenes to see how the THIRSTCUTTER comes to life from start to finish.